Monday, January 3, 2011

Single Room At Ut Austin

Both anxious and flaps


It happened one summer. After a very hot day, the family was asleep, leaving all the windows open to allow the freshness of the night into the house. About three o'clock in the morning, a huge thunderstorm starts. Perfect for cool, but it also means, given that tumbles from the sky, small floods around the windows open throughout the house.

Half awake by the storm and the thought (the one without the other would not have been enough) I got up and started making the rounds of parts to close the windows. And I think my youngest daughter, thrown with the same idea. I ask her what she is doing up at this hour, and she explains that she is, itself, close the windows. We are both concerned about the family, so no wonder our presence, but still, two things hit me.

The first is that at her age, she feels responsible for the windows of the house (but it's like that, happy in the responsibility and empathy). The second is that casually, the anxiety makes service to others in the shade. Well, I know, but then I check it: while the three "little worried" sleep or back to sleep, both "too worried" patrol and mop spend. With that, they go back to sleep.

As they say in business: "combine our talents" ...

Illustration: A young boy painted by Greuze, apparently not too worried ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment